- Free, 24-hour availability
- Available at 1-800-522-4700
- Answers questions and provides resource information
- NPGA is the Minnesota affiliate of the National Council on Problem Gambling. As an independent, nonprofit organization, Northstar’s mission is to help Minnesotans deal with the effects of problem gambling. We do this through community awareness, professional education, research, and advocacy.
- For more information about problem gambling, treatment options, professional resources and NPGA, visit northstarproblemgambling.org
- Uses a 12-step recovery program
- Offers peer-led support groups
- Call the Gamblers Anonymous 24-hour toll-free help line 1-855-222-5542(1-855 2CALLGA)
- A list of local meetings available by calling 1-800-333-HOPE
- Peer-led support group for partners, relatives or close friends of problem gamblers
- Provides immediate support in a crisis, visit gamanonmn.com
- For information about suicide prevention or crisis counseling in Minnesota, call 1-866-379-6363 or visit www.crisis.org
- For immediate support in a crisis call 9-1-1
- If you are not residing in Minnesota call the national 24-hour, toll-free, confidential lifeline at: 1-800-273-TALK
- For further information, visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org
- The National Council on Problem Gambling offers information about compulsive gambling, including where to get help for those affected by and living with the disorder.
- For more information, visit: ncpgambling.org
- The RGC is an independent non-profit organization dedicated to problem gambling prevention.
- Here you can find tips for safer gaming, signs and youth focused information related to the issue of problem gambling: responsiblegambling.org
- This organization provides research aimed at identifying and understanding the critical factors related to youth gambling issues. The Centre also provides treatment for youth experiencing gambling problems.
- For more information, visit: youthgambling.com
The Division on Addiction is a Harvard Medical School teaching affiliate that provides information to strengthen the worldwide understanding of addiction through innovative research, education, and the global exchange of information.
- Visit divisiononaddiction.org
The only national organization exclusively devoted to funding research that helps increase understanding of compulsive and youth gambling and find effective methods of treatment for the disorder.
The journal provides a scientific forum for developments in gambling-related research, policy issues, and treatment.
Read it at jgi.camh.net
Provides information about problem gambling within the Latino community, including problem gambling prevention, intervention and treatment programs that are culturally and linguistically competent.
CollegeGambling.org was developed by the National Center for Responsible Gaming (NCRG) as a tool to help current and prospective students, campus administrators, campus health professionals and parents address gambling and gambling-related harms on campus.
Provides information for gamblers and affected others about treatment centers, success stories from recovering problem gamblers, resources and additional information about the problem gambling helpline.